For Infants – Sixth Grade
Helping your kids connect with God and each other is what Kids’ Connection is all about! Our trained staff and volunteers provide a fun, faith-building environment for infants through sixth graders. Our teachers strive to show individual love and attention to each child. They all teach from Bible-based, professionally-written curriculum.
What We Do
We think your children are going to love Kids’ Connection! A typical Sunday morning includes playing games, enjoying a snack, worshiping God with music, and learning about Jesus through an age-appropriate Bible lesson. Our goal is to see every child grow into a lifelong relationship with God.
Times and Location
Kids’ Connection meets following the 10:30 a.m. worship service. Children are escorted by a volunteer to the Kid’s Connection building at the rear of the church. Just follow the signs or ask a greeter for directions.
Family Worship Sunday
On months in which there is a fifth Sunday adults kids and teens worship and hear the message together as a family. On those Sundays, there is no need to sign kids into Kid’s Connection as they will stay with their parents for the duration of the service. This is a great chance for families to experience church together.
Safety and Security
We want your children to be safe while they attend Kids’ Connection. Here’s a summary of the policies we have in place to ensure their protection.
- Child Information Sheets. If your child is new to Kid’s Connection, please take the time to fill out one of our child information sheets. These sheets provide our staff with critical information such as allergies, and who is allowed to retrieve the child from Kid’s Connection. This will help us take the best possible care of your child.
- Illnesses. To preserve the well-being of all the children in our care, please don’t bring a sick child to church! Your cooperation will help keep our entire community healthy.
- Signing In and Out. All children in Kids’ Connection must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian. For their protection, your kids will not be allowed out of their classroom until you pick them up.
- Staff Background Checks. We conduct background checks and require personal references from everyone who works with minors at the Highland Vineyard.
- Restroom Breaks. Two adults always accompany children to the restroom to ensure their safety.
- Rules. We have simple, Bible-based rules for the children who participate in our programs. We find that positive reinforcement takes care of most potential discipline problems. A written copy of our rules and disciplinary policy are available upon request.
- Getting In Touch. Please talk to us if you have questions! Our teachers and staff are here to serve your family. You may also contact our Kids’ Connection Director.